Sunday, July 24, 2011

And Another Thing

Dear Jon Stewart,

I’ve been watching your show, well okay, just twice, but I also asked my boss, who never misses, to see if you’ve mentioned that left turn thing I wrote you about, and so far nothing.  But probably you do your stuff in advance, and you just need time to fit it in.  Except the stuff seems pretty recent, like today even, so maybe it’s just been a busy time.

I’ve got another one, and maybe since you haven’t talked about the left turn thing, you could just tack this on. 

It’s about grocery carts.  You know what I’m going to say.  Well maybe not, you probably live in New York City or something, and do they even have grocery carts in New York City?  Seems like there wouldn’t be room.

But here, or over in Evansville where I mostly shop, there is a big problem with people not putting their carts in the cart corral, even though the sign says you should.  Some signs even say you HAVE to.  I mean with the wind and everything, and sometimes the best parking spots being wrecked because there’s a gosh darned cart in the middle of it.  If it were just you and me, to be honest, I wouldn’t say gosh darned, I’d say the other thing, but you never know.  People just get so pissy about stuff like that.

So.  If you could just tell people, if they are going to take the cart outside, then they should put it away.  They don’t want their car getting dinged up, do they?  They don’t want the best spots plugged up with loose carts, do they?  Geez.

Thanks again,

Cindi
Boonville, IN


No comments:

Post a Comment